- Do you know what your 5-year average 401k performance?
- If you don’t know, check for your 5500 form.
- Are you familiar with your fiduciary responsibilities to employees who participate in your 401k plan?
- This is important because companies have received severe financial penalties, equating to millions of dollars.
- Have your employees received an average annual return greater than 6%?
- If not, they likely aren’t realizing growth because of inflation, advisor fees, transaction fees, and taxes.
- What percentage of eligible employees are contributing?
- If 75% or more of employees aren’t participating, then either your plan isn’t delivering value or else they’re not convinced of its value.
- Are all the investment options in your 401k plan tied to the stock market, such as stocks, mutual funds, and bonds?
- If so, you might consider a self-directed 401k program where employees have the ability to truly diversify across traditional market investments, alternative investments, and safe investments.
Tax-Deferred Retirement Health Savings
- Does your 401k plan include a 401h component that enables employees to set aside money tax-deferred that can be used to pay for healthcare costs Tax-Free while in retirement
- Does your plan include on-demand training?
- Education should prepare employees for life’s challenges, such as budgeting, saving for a house, or paying off debt.
- Do employees receive a personal financial roadmap to follow?
- Employees need a 360° view of finances, social security, student loans, debt reduction, taxes, Medicare, education, estate, relocation, and budgeting.